Hola amigos! Back from Playa del Carmen. Here are a few photos from the trip.
Here I am on the ferry approaching Playa. Well that's not me, but just picture the mexican man as myself, with camera.

Officially here!

This is the yoga studio I practiced and taught at. It's impossible to tell from the pic, but these 3 doors open up to see and feel the ocean and the breeze! Awesome! Too bad the class I took stunk.

Water is just as nice here. Those Mexicans sure do have some blue water to enjoy.

My room at the hotel. Cute and small. Coldest AC in history.

Garden of the restaurant I ate lunch AND breakfast at called 100% Naturale. SO GOOD! And adorable place. Although an acorn fell from a tree and hit me in the back. Otherwise, perfecto.

My hotel, view from the beach where I spent a few hours "researching" Playa del Carmen for y'all. You're welcome.

View of Playa down the beach.

Only the best ambiance EVER for a restaurant. I sat here while the sun set and had some vino and fish tacos. Unreal.

I put my feet in the pic just to show the complete relaxation of it all. Would have been perfect if only the husband was around! I will definitely be back here.

So all in all, an enjoyable visit. My class went well, unfortunately the class I took was kind of crappy. But still, yoga facing the ocean cannot be all bad. I spent Friday evening wandering around, having a few mojitos, couple wines. Hey, apparently you can still get drunk when you drink alone. I KNOW! I didn't believe it either til I tried. I then ended up chatting with a nice young man named Hugo. He was really nice and fun. I felt that him having the same name as my grandfather did was a sign that I should hang around and talk. Then Kevin burst my bubble by telling me later that it's a common name down here. Oh well, I'm still chalking it up to fate. At least I got a free sangria out of him, if nothing else.
Back "home" in Coz, just had coffee (again) with a friend. Some things never change no matter where I am. Tonight going back to the restaurant Kinta with some new buddies. Delicioso! Of course this group is all recovering alcoholics so I think I'll skip the drink until I get back.
Now off to shower because I'm vile and I haven't washed my hair in 2 days. Oh and did I mention it's hot?
Here I am on the ferry approaching Playa. Well that's not me, but just picture the mexican man as myself, with camera.

Officially here!

This is the yoga studio I practiced and taught at. It's impossible to tell from the pic, but these 3 doors open up to see and feel the ocean and the breeze! Awesome! Too bad the class I took stunk.

Water is just as nice here. Those Mexicans sure do have some blue water to enjoy.

My room at the hotel. Cute and small. Coldest AC in history.

Garden of the restaurant I ate lunch AND breakfast at called 100% Naturale. SO GOOD! And adorable place. Although an acorn fell from a tree and hit me in the back. Otherwise, perfecto.

My hotel, view from the beach where I spent a few hours "researching" Playa del Carmen for y'all. You're welcome.

View of Playa down the beach.

Only the best ambiance EVER for a restaurant. I sat here while the sun set and had some vino and fish tacos. Unreal.

I put my feet in the pic just to show the complete relaxation of it all. Would have been perfect if only the husband was around! I will definitely be back here.

So all in all, an enjoyable visit. My class went well, unfortunately the class I took was kind of crappy. But still, yoga facing the ocean cannot be all bad. I spent Friday evening wandering around, having a few mojitos, couple wines. Hey, apparently you can still get drunk when you drink alone. I KNOW! I didn't believe it either til I tried. I then ended up chatting with a nice young man named Hugo. He was really nice and fun. I felt that him having the same name as my grandfather did was a sign that I should hang around and talk. Then Kevin burst my bubble by telling me later that it's a common name down here. Oh well, I'm still chalking it up to fate. At least I got a free sangria out of him, if nothing else.
Back "home" in Coz, just had coffee (again) with a friend. Some things never change no matter where I am. Tonight going back to the restaurant Kinta with some new buddies. Delicioso! Of course this group is all recovering alcoholics so I think I'll skip the drink until I get back.
Now off to shower because I'm vile and I haven't washed my hair in 2 days. Oh and did I mention it's hot?
Buenas tardes!
Edited to add: I ALMOST FORGOT! Leave it to me to find the one bag store on the strip. I walk in and see these AMAZING bags which I was sure would be ridiculously priced, because that's what I'm attracted to. So I look at the tag...550. Could this be pesos??? Is it possible? IT IS! 55 dollars. I haven't bought a bag that cheap since the 90's. I'm still kicking myself for not buying two. Anyway, here it is.

Since I got yelled at from the last post for not leaving my mom anything in my pepper-will, this one's yours, along with the next 5 that I buy, ok?
I also negotiated a woman down on a silver bracelet from 250 to 60 dollars. Booyah!

2 Comments:
OK....I'm now happy that I get some ocketbooks too! I think that means I get six!!!!! That makes up for Kevin getting the kitties! Pictures were great!
how about your mom gets boog and i put the purses on ebay? just kidding!!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home